Friday, March 24, 2023

Last of the Dinners. Very Thankful to Sir-Grill-a-Lot Dave, His Family, Incredible Guacamole and the Last CT Meal

And he's off. Up and out of here to beat NYC traffic so he can make Cleveland in, well, 9 hours. If he doesn't time the Connecticut/New York Traffic correctly, that can add another four hours.

The Sealey-Wooley-Johnsons invited Chitunga over for dinner on his last night, and we were graced with broccolina, grilled chicken, Cole-slaw, and the best Guac I've had in a long time....maybe ever.

They kvetched while I came home to record The Write Time, and then I returned to pick up the pieces, only to come back to Mt. Pleasant to finalize a last evening before the departure. 

We've done this before. I've done this to others before. 

He's off and we can only away the stories. Karal, I know, will be mighty perplexed...she's obsessed with the kid. I am feeling all sorts of feels, but mostly happy, as I know there's no telling what the next steps will be. 

All I want for this guy is happiness, contentment, and success. There's an entire world out there which will help him find it. 

And with that, this is a Friday, and I look forward to weekend rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment