Tuesday, March 7, 2023

The Crawl to Spring Break is Always the Same...8 Tentacles Flopping on the Sand Desperately Looking for Water

I themed tomorrow's Explorations in Education class with tentacles, only because we're halfway through, time is running out, a break is coming, and I don't want the undergraduates to lose all the items they've been juggling. They'll need to pace themselves and focus intently. 

Actually, Chitunga's plate of calamari got me thinking about eating octopus, which I don't mind, but it does freak me out a little bit.

Today is impossible, but I will make it possible because I spent the last three days organizing for it. When one has meetings all day, and also classes to teach, it becomes extremely frustrating.

I know my tentacles are squirrelly (did I just mix metaphors there or do my arms really have rodents on them). There's much going on, a lot of held breath, and of course the leadership I typically take in the work I do. When the #$@#$@ gets going, you quickly see how others handle the $#@$@#. Always amusing to me to see the ways such work gets defined.

Just like students, the vast majority of adults love to complain, but very seldom do they act to make things right or better. Our crew is trying...really we are. 

I just pray I get a walk in this morning before the chaos begins. I can't wait for it to be Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment