Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Celebrating My First Purim Gift (Given by a Colleague) and Am Excited to Say, "Just Three More Days & The Week is Over."

After I ran yesterday's SEHD Faculty Meeting (yes, I called it GSEAP....old habits are hard to break and I liked GSEAP), my colleague Emily Shamash came by to give me a Purim Gift. Purim is a Jewish holiday which commemorates the saving of the Jewish people from annihilation at the decree of an anti-Jewish official of the Achaemid Empire (via the Book of Esther). The treats were much appreciated and I'm thankful to have her as a colleague and the random gift. Kindness and joy. That's the solution.

The back to back meetings followed by a graduate course also went well, but I'm waking this morning with no energy and knowledge I have a turbo to teach, followed by a National talk. I just need to make it until 5. 

I did the S'mash. I did the monster Shamash. Loved the noshes that helped me to sustain my day. I'm now intrigued to the greatest level. 

And I think I might benefit from another tomorrow around 2 p.m....the tentacles can only go so far each day. 

But looking at the clock, I need to head out....even though I want to close my eyes and sleep more. It's coming. It has to.



No comments:

Post a Comment