Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Okay, Thursday. You're Here. The Grind Will Continue and the Spring Break Countdown is More Transparent, but I'm Still at It

For those of us in the academia, we look for weekends, breaks, and holidays to catch up and actually accomplish the work we're assigned to do. We'd achieve more if there weren't so many meetings that lead to absolutely nowhere but distraction for what it is we're paid to do. I've been ram-horns down to get ahead on all that is piled on my plate, and I am truly grateful it is a space without having to listen to the language of so many others that goes absolutely nowhere. 

It is what it is, and I wish I was as happy as Snoopy. 

I am thankful that the winds are scheduled to die down because Chitunga is heading back this way from Iowa and I wouldn't want him flying with these gusts. I'm also on schedule to accomplish a Friday goal and to transition to St. Patty's Day to grade and work toward the remaining days of the semester (only to carry over into the summer teaching load. 

I tried my had at lime, Mexican chicken breasts and they were pretty decent. It's still cold, I'm still tired, and the little things to make me happy (like having time to cook) hasn't quite accomplished what it was supposed to. I am looking forward to warmer temperatures and less wind, though. 

And thank you Ted Lasso, season III, for putting a smile on my face. Now, I just need to catch the Mandalorian for more hope. 

As always, we got this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment