Sunday, March 12, 2023

The Power of Unconditional Love is at the Core of Everything. He's Ready. The Road Has Always Been for Him to Find Out. Proud

Tomorrow night, Chitunga heads to Des Moines, Iowa to secure an apartment, his new split position with Ernst & Young (two accounts until August), and the next step in adulthood, hard work, dedication, and personal professionalism. We ate at The Grey Goose in Southport, the same place that launched my new position in Connecticut when Faye Gage, Lynn Winslow, and Kelly Gallagher ate there when I was just ten years older than Chitunga is now.

To say the food is remarkable is an understatement. I had spinach and incredible steak, he had glazed salmon, and Pam had a wonderful halibut dinner. While eating, we learned more about his new position, his thankfulness for Lys, and his hopes for the future ahead. 

Today, I will drive to Stamford and help him to pack up materials (and maybe clean out my garage with some of his sporting goods). Yesterday, I worked on my own stuff, so I'm ready to commit to all he needs for his transition. 

Towards the end of the dinner, I made a toast to unconditional love, which has been central to my life in Connecticut, all the while channeling Lois, who I wish he could have met him before she passed. 

This life thing is short. Time is fickle, and The Great Whatever does what it does. We can only hold on tightly with hopes that we invested all that we could (and will continue to invest) while we can. 

I'm so proud of the man he was always destined to be, and to know with all my heart that he's got this. There can be no other plan for him, because it's always been in his destiny. This is the way. 

Father & Son ~ Cat Stevens

It's not time to make a changeJust relax, take it easyYou're still young, that's your faultThere's so much you have to know
Find a girl, settle downIf you want you can marryLook at me, I am oldBut I'm happy
I was once like you are nowAnd I know that it's not easyTo be calm when you've foundSomething going on
But take your time, think a lotThink of everything you've gotFor you will still be here tomorrowBut your dreams may not
How can I try to explain?When I do he turns away againIt's always been the sameSame old storyFrom the moment I could talkI was ordered to listen, now there's a wayAnd I know that I have to go awayI know I have to go
It's not time to make a changeJust sit down, take it slowlyYou're still young, that's your faultThere's so much you have to go through
Find a girl, settle downIf you want you can marryLook at me, I am oldBut I'm happy
All the times that I've criedKeeping all the things I knew insideIt's hard, but it's harder to ignore itIf they were right I'd agreeBut it's them they know, not meNow there's a wayAnd I know that I have to go awayI know I have to go

No comments:

Post a Comment