Sunday, March 19, 2023

Family is When You're Not There Physically, But You're Still There Spiritually, and the Love Transfers through Texts and Photos

Yes, it was/is my spring break (it's about done) and I've hunkered down, selfishly, to get on top of my academic game and goals. Although I thought about heading to CNY for the break, I effectively accomplished more by sitting on my bum in Stratford. I knew Chitunga was heading that way and he'd represent while I stayed behind. He wanted to do a departure tour before leaving for Iowa and while there, he picked up Jacob and Lys and visited Mimi and Butch. Of course, he also brought Papa to his happy space, Chubby's, and sent me this photo as evidence. 

This is absolute joy. 

I could only write back that we are two lucky sons-of-a-Butch, and that both he and I were greatly influenced by Mimi Sue, Papa Butch, and our Kentucky family. Their impact on who were are as human beings are immeasurable. 

I was also excited to learn that Chitunga reached out to Casey, and found a way to pick up J.C. - Jacob Charles - so he could spend time with Lys, mom, and dad. Even better is they all played pool together, which is a family ritual and Chubby's that is always great to see. Look at Jake's form. Can't wait to challenge him to a game in the near future. 

Hard to believe it's Sunday already. Yesterday's balmy temperatures will dip back into the 20s today, which is okay, because I have one more course to catch up on (and I need to clean Chitunga's old room for his one week return to Mt. Pleasant...I am feeling fortunate he needs this space for the week, although I know Karal and I will drive him bonkers). Lucky for him, my week is really frantic and so I don't know how much of a pain-in-the-ass I can be. 

This morning was the last day I could go to sleep without setting an alarm, allowing my body to get up when it wants to...which is the time an alarm would be set, but you know how it is. Back to the insanity tomorrow, but I'm ready. The planning, the lists, the focus --- well, I think(hope) it will pay off.


No comments:

Post a Comment