Monday, March 6, 2023

The Weekend Belonged to Gorgonzola (and Probably the Beginning of the Week, Too). Not Sure How Good It is for My Bloodstream, But It's Delicious.

I'm proud to say I cooked enough meatballs to host two dinners this week - the first at my house and the second with all the strays that end up at Pam's on a Sunday night. She had sausage and squash, I had salad, pasta, meatballs, tomato sauce, and gorgonzola (which I made into a cream sauce). The end product was a delicious, Sunday-tradition meal where everyone ate way too much and we licked out teeth afterwards.

Don't tell too many people this, but I also caught up on grading (almost said finished, but it's never finished). Jessie and I also finalized an introduction for a two-issue special of Writing & Pedagogy, and I did my laundry. I'm feeling rather amused with myself for being so productive.

Ugh, It's Monday, however, and I see the agenda ahead. I need to pace the days so I make it to another weekend without too much exhaustion. 

But the sauce. A block of gorgonzola, heavy cream, a little flower, and butter. It is sort of like making creamed potatoes, but with a much richer flavor than ultra cheddar. It's delicious over vegetables and meats...a fancy addition to an otherwise ordinary meal. 

And I appreciated the blue skies and sun for the hike yesterday, even if it was cold and the winds from Canada were colder. I can't complain, though. We've had such a mild case of winter this year. 

Okay, time to drink this coffee and head out the door. Here's to the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment