Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Built a Table for a Friend (Well, Put it Together) and Looking Forward to Many Good Dinners with Others...Communion.

Had to do some Subaru repairs, so was in the neighborhood and ended up getting a dinner out of it, but only if I worked some to earn it. For years, Bar Milford on Walnut Beach has not been able to accommodate all the guests who stop by, but now we'll be able to sit at a table to break bread together. Key wrenches are not the easiest, but at the right angle and with the right strength, it all comes together. 

Also had another day of organizing success, but today needs to be 100% writing. I think the beginning sinus infection came with the change in weather, and with it turning cold again, I have swelling in my nostrils and throat. Trying to chicken-noodle-soup my way out of this one. 

Patrick, the son, was able to get the lamps up on the ceiling, so I was brought in for handy man table work. I got meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and asparagus out of the exchange, so I feel well compensated (although it awoke me at 2 a.m. with some sort of stomach bug)

We're not getting the snow of Syracuse or upper Connecticut, but the winds and downpours from this nor'easterner are no joke. So much water....so quickly. 

Okay, Tuesday. We're off!

No comments:

Post a Comment