Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Oh, I Lost the Tournament, but I Did Take Isaiah Out One Game on His 18th Birthday (But He Took the Series Before Dave Did Him In....Ha Ha)

Connecticut saved it's thunderstorm for after the first round of the great badminton tournament of 2023 to commensurate Isaiah's 18th birthday. The feathered shuttlecocks didn't help me as much as I thought they would and the 100% humidity was not working for this ogre's mad racket skills. The games were close, but I went down in three. My vibrato was ruined by youth. I should have known better. And young people make up rules and weird boundary lines. That was in...that was so in...even when it lands on a neighbors car.

And Dave's grilling skills, even in the rain, were mad phenomenal as always. Delicious food. Who asks for an upside pineapple cake for their birthday? Okay, that was a good choice, too, and all Isaiah.

The drive back to Connecticut was smooth and uneventful, as I learned 'fish' are not an evolutionary category as we've all been taught, and that it is actually a misnomer and piece of fictional categorization. I know because of LuLu Miller's phenomenal piece of non-fiction writing. Gripping story written with writerly grace...I loved every second of it. 

Okay, Tuesday. It's the 4th and the storms kept the neighborhood sort of quiet from bombs bursting in air last night. Now, if only I can get rest to get rick of this sinus dry cough, all will be well. Hoping for another quiet day (if possible). 

No comments:

Post a Comment