Saturday, July 15, 2023

Ended the Weekend with a Vision for Success! Week One of Young Adult Literacy Labs '23 in the Books. Year 10 and Still Writing Proud

The little labbers put forward their script for missing counselors and the teens shared their novels and novel covers. The incredible educators who I'm fortunate to collaborate with once again inspired, encouraged, motivated, and delivered solid student writing, and the spirit of the National Writing Project. 

When I swung by my office, I found a box delivered filled with CT Writing Project - Fairfield specs, ordered from a shop in East Syracuse, Minoa. They are a wonderful team and I can't wait for our hats to arrive, too. First, however, we need more composition books! We are short for the remaining programs and I hope they come early next week. 

As anticipated, I returned to Mt. Pleasant on Friday completely exhausted. I folded laundry and tried to take a nap - I was wiped out - but Karal had different intentions. She pounced on my head, bit at my nose, and pawed at my chest. She wanted to eat, to play, and to be entertained. I can't blame her. She's been left alone - will be left alone - much more than she's typically used to. 

It's Saturday. Abu is on his way from Syracuse and I'm excited for the three weeks still to come. As for me, for now, I need to vegetate and reenergize. For the first time in my human history, I'm realizing I'm very, very tired. Sustaining the school year and summers of moving non-stop does not allow for rejuvenation, rest, and healing. I love that I go...go...go (always have), but I get tired (which is not normal for me). 

I need sleep, redirection, and vision.

Hence the glasses which Stefania, a CWP/Fairfield Grad who will bring them with her to Aruba next week as she gets her vacation. I hope she represents them with style - could there be any other way? 

No comments:

Post a Comment