Friday, July 7, 2023

Kicked Off the Teacher Orientation & Gifted Some of My Favorite Writing Reads to 2022-2023. We Are Going to GET SMARTER Than We Already Are

I truly do love when grants allow me to cater a dinner for teachers. Super excited to debut the summer reading with 14 stellar educators in Connecticut as we begin our monthlong commitment to writing instruction excellence and youth literacy labs. Every year, we swear we recruited the best cohort, but the truth is that all cohorts recruited by the National Writing Project are superb. It's in the nature of the work...strong-minded and gifted teachers find their way to the work. It's inevitable, because excellent teachers seek excellence. 

I was super pleased, too, that the campus catering nailed the Southwest Salad dinner with salad, egg rolls (also southwest) and grilled chicken. It was a win, especially since they also brought carryout boxes so teachers could stuff their summer refrigerators. 

I am very thankful, too, for Dr. Joshua Elliot representing SEHD at the gathering. It was nice to have his support and welcome. Also thankful to Dr. Julie Roneson for delivering Next Generation Genres once they arrived to Possible Futures. It's a missing ingredient to the conversations I feel we all need to have  this summer. 

Did I mention that the building we go is air conditioned? Professional? 21st century and usable? There are the occasional perks of the work I'm able to do.

But today is Friday (or FRIED Day) and I'm Fried. It all kicks off next Monday and I have to hold my breath for four weeks.

Here's to what's possible and all the work ahead. It's a labor of love and I love every second of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment