Monday, July 24, 2023

And We're Off. Week Three of @CWPFairfield Summer Programs. This Week, More Teachers and Bring Forward Ubuntu Academy (with Guests from Tanzania)

Accomplished a 2nd day at the beach and was fortunate to run into Rich Novack there. Small worlds and shared outdoor worlds. It was a great day of grandkids, sand, water, and kayaking. I spent more time on the water in my kayak than I did socializing on land. The water was more choppy today so paddle boarding wasn't that great, but the kayak went fine.

Hoping all the stars align as we take off with buses picking up kids at schools, lunches being prepped for us as we ordered, and rooms secured for two weeks of great fun. I'm also hoping the Tanzanians find safe travel from Der Salaam and are ready for their rendezvous with CWP.

And on the professional front, I have to hold my breath and get my own writing going. I'm on a deadline and the summer work is getting in the week. I need space to accomplish what I've set out (and promised) to do. Hoping I can sneak in a few hours today, since the teachers don't return until tomorrow. This is one of the major reasons I chose 3-day weeks for the teachers. I need mental space to get all the paperwork done.

But on this Monday, I'm already wish I had a weekend to rest and sleep. Probably not great to play so hard on the water all weekend. I'm a lobster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment