Monday, July 10, 2023

2nd Year I've Thrown Cosmos to the Flowerbeds and Every Time They Bloom I'm Super-Excited...This Time They Bloomed to Kick-off Four Weeks of Writing Fun

I shouldn't admit this, but I was on campus all day Sunday. Why? I had to move items/supplies from Canisius Hall to Dolan School of Business and to fill the kitchen with snacks, the rooms with funk, and share books in every space. For the 2nd year, we've been given space in the facility - which is a dream for educators and young writers who want to write. 

When I came home from the four carloads of movement, I loved that my Cosmos bloomed once again. It's a happy flower, actually, designed simply to bring a smile to the face. I'll take it.

Day one is always the most complicated, only because all the kinks reveal themselves as the year of planning comes to fruition. Those who lead summer programs, run teacher institutes, and keep afoot with K-12 schools know how much extra work has to be done in order for it all to run smoothly. In addition to juggling chain saws while riding a unicycle in roller skates, this year they've given me a hula-hoop to twirl around my waste and plates to spin. It's amazing to me, but it always gets done. It has to...teachers and young people deserve such excellence. 

I'm also proud to say, Shirley, I got my Shingle Shot. Another post-50 check-list item complete. 

Sh'Zaam!

No comments:

Post a Comment