Saturday, July 8, 2023

I've Attested to One Truth Over 51 Years...the One Thing That Helps Me to Sit Still and to Live in the Moment is When a Baby is Around

Was fortunate to spend Friday night with Dominik, Kaitlyn, and Pam over salad and grilled chicken. Also had the pleasure of seeing Oliwia in her full happy spirit, learning to sing beyond banshee squeaks and to play with her woodland creatures (bunny bufu is her favorite). She really is a fusion of her parents and absolutely beautiful. I was successful twice this week at helping her to fall asleep, too, although when I thought my knee ripped through the back of the couch and ripped a hole, my shriek and face made her cry.

The couch was okay. 

They're calling for overcast skies, rain, and blandness over the next couple of days, so I'm taking advantage of that by lying low and working on the mental gymnastics I need to achiever. Next weeks begins the 4-week bonanza that is National Writing Project summer work.

Now I'm wondering what those raspberry yogurt bites tasted like...Oliwia wouldn't share, but she did find them tasty herself.

Here's to your Saturday and your weekend. 

Karal is knocked out. A day with her buddy Jake was enough for her to say, "I'll lie in my doggie beds, thank you." Let me know when it's worth going outside again.

No comments:

Post a Comment