Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Full Steam Ahead. Reflections on Day One, Year Ten, of the @cwpfairfield Young Adult Literacy Labs. Phew. So Amazing.

zzzzzzzzz (that's me sleeping). zzzzzzzzzz

Honestly, I've been telling many adults, "I'm too old to keep this energy level up any more." Ah, but when the kids arrive, the joy returns. We had 70 young people, grades 3 - 12, yesterday and they were quick to rejuvenate the joy of writing, the zest for words, and the passion for storytelling. 

Actually, I need to highlight the educators: Jessica Baldizon, Stefania Vendrella, Allison Fallon, and Emily Diggs. I'm amazed by what they are able to get the young people to compose in simply a week's time. 

This morning, however, I also welcome teachers to the teacher institute. I believe we are good to go, and I can't wait to carry forward the National Writing Project tradition. 

Sorry to be brief today, but I'm lucky if I have time to brush my teeth. 

Happy Tuesday everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment