Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Wondering if Bed Head is Appropriate for 8 A.M. ZOOM Meetings - Actually, This is an Older Picture But It Represents Where My Head is Right Now

Another marathon Wednesday, where I will do what I can do and have to totally okay with that...I spent most of yesterday preparing for the crazy of this hump day, and I believe all the ducklings are aligned appropriately, and I'm anxious to get into grading and writing mode tomorrow and Friday. I didn't expect my 3rd day of a long weekend to be slurped into genealogy land, but it was a thrill to research bloodlines and make connections. This is what happens when a creative mind is given an extra day. 

If I was a bird, I'd have the gift of flight. I'm a human, so I have the gift of bed-head.

Working on campus with undergraduates today after two weeks at Central High School and I'm looking forward to gathering their thinking, their wonders, and their understandings of readings. Next week, we move to Pequot Library for their exhibition on the history of children's books and I'm also prepping them for their community engagement with Kendall College and Career Academy in Norwalk. Working with schools is the joy of the work I do. 

This is 51. There's more to be done.

And I'm watching national movements against democracy, against teaching, and I'm wondering if we're in the cultural shifts that come with pandemics, technology, natural disasters, and ignorance. It's not a comfortable feeling, especially when one's life is dedicated to the future through the investment of teachers and young people. I've been feeling too Chicken Little of late and need to get out of my 'sky is falling' mindset.

I simply want to put scholarship into action and put forward investments coming my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment