Wednesday, February 8, 2023

It's Been a Minute Since I've Recited the Serenity Prayer, but It Was Engrained in My in High School as a Peer Tutor, and I Find Myself Saying It a Lot in Adulthood

I supposed if it all made sense, we'd simply make sense of it and move on. 27 years in education, however, has taught me that you need to reach in, go for walks and runs, and remind yourselves of these simple words. The "wisdom to know the difference" is the most important part.  

I focus on integrity, on joy, and on future possibilities. I cut through the crap quickly to see what will work and won't work, drawing on my education, my lived experiences, and my teaching. Yet, so many who move up into leadership positions draw upon the quest for power, foolishness, and quite often stupidity. Yet, here we are....predicting what would come, knowing it would come, warning it would come, but being ignored. It came. And it's sad. And the destruction is deeply felt by many. It could have been prevented, but that's now how chaos chooses to work. 

Cassandra's curse is upon many of us.

And so the cycle repeats. 

2023. Serenity. At the crossroads of everything, I continue to choose integrity,  to choose joy, and  to choose future possibilities. And I will look around at all that falls as it does simply to say, WTF? For real? With it, I try to make art. What else can we do?

The Gods ARE CRAZY. 

Or, they're sane and humans are nuts. That's more likely the correct story. 

Prayers up for all living the insanity right now. Not sure if they will be heard, but I love / to believe / in hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment