Sunday, February 5, 2023

Princess Karal Would Like to Thank All her CNY Fans for a Wonderful (if not Frigid) Stay & Wishes All Well Until She Returns Again

That was a fast week. Good food, warm blankets, wonderful walks (until everything iced over), and very loud televisions. WHAT'S THAT? Oh. I SAID, "VERY LOUD TELEVISIONS." 

Huh. Oh, you get it.

We finished off the final night with a pot roast, roasted potatoes, focaccia bread, and Cynde's Mac-n-cheese. We also got a Syracuse game in (and they won), as well as many more chews on the toys Karal has hoarded on Amalfi Drive. Boo-Duke. I was rooting for UNC.

But now we are heading back to CT for a crazy week of 14-hour days. It's all good. I knew they were coming, and I'm prepared for them. It's the game I've chosen to play. 

More importantly, I can't wait to finish Tiffany Jackson's White Noise, one of the best books that have hooked me in a long time (and I don't do ghost stories too often). I have a few more hours left and this trip will allow me to finish.

I'm also looking forward to get my mail, to sleep in my own bed, and to be in the pace of the Crandall routine once more. The fridge is full, they won't starve for long, and I feel bad that Cynde needs to return to her daily routine of running errands. I tried to give her a break (no one asked her to make Mac-n-cheese....she just did). 

And with that, we travel onward.


No comments:

Post a Comment