Friday, February 24, 2023

Guess Who is the New Meet-Greeter at Animal Companion Hospital? Mr. Ethan! His Customer Service is Stellar & the Drool Charms All Who Enters

Yesterday was Karal's yearly physical with a few shots (and what an extracted anal gland or two?). Not only did we get to see Ken, Stephanie, Patrick, Winter, Maude, and Mae-Mae, Mr. Ethan also was their to check us in and to investigate that their customer service was top notch. 

It was. It always is.

I personally think every animal hospital should have greeters in a Metallica toboggan. 

All is well on the dog front, and afterwards we traveled to Possible Futures to pick up more copies of Kwame Alexander's The Door of No Return for a community poetry event on Sunday with young people at the Tate School. Always great to see Lauren Anderson. 

The morning was spent working on a grant and wrestling with pesky Excel sheets, as well as editing the introduction for an upcoming special issue of Writing & Pedagogy. I also slogged my way through emails, assignments, and to-do lists. 

Truth is, too, that Kathy Silver bought me a pillow lavender spray and I kind of became addicted. I'm out, and I'm worried about my sleep so I went on a quest to go into the girlier sider of local stores until I found a replacement bottle. It's not the same, but it will suffice until I get myself to a Bath & Body Shop for the squirt I've grown accustomed to. In could be in my head, but since I've been splashing my sheets before hitting the pillow, I've slept like a baby...well, like an Ethan after some baby-grub and a bottle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment