Saturday, February 4, 2023

Fancy Smancy, Wanky Swanky. Coldest Day of Winter & We Break Out the Hoffman Hotdogs to Warm Our Hearts. An Amalfi Drive Story.

The buzz was for fish, and in the background Mike was texting about pizza possibilities. I know myself, and definitely know my parents, and began thinking, "There's no way in hell any of us are going outside in these temperatures. Even Karal walked outside with trepidation. As her nose hit the temperatures she turn right back around. I already scoured the freezer and knew there were Hoffman hotdogs on display. I figured they'd be better in my stomach, and so that is what we had for dinner: green beans, rice, and wieners. Can't go wrong with CNY's greatest treats.

And it's not even summer. 

We woke up this morning to -18 degrees and by 10 a.m. it should reach 0. The high today is 20, but it will keep on climbing. I'm glad I'm not in New Hampshire with the -108 degree windchill. That doesn't sound like fun at all.

Today, the goal is to stock the folks up with more goods as, I know this is hard to believe, mom is 100% out of chocolate. When I made her Sundae last night there were no candy bars to crush, Peanut Butter cups to smash, or Godivas to grind. How could ever single drawer where she stashes her candies be empty of her treats? These need to be replenished, because they are her lifeline.

Hoping Wegmans isn't too insane. I also wish I had a car starter before taking off to get groceries. All will be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment