Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Why Do Any of Us Write Poetry When There's So Much Death Around Us? Prompt 17 of #VerseLove April, 2023.

The truth is, as I was pulling into Quest Diagnostics to get bloodwork done, I saw two nuns running on the sidewalk, and I knew there was a poem in the works. The fact that the office smelled like marijuana and there was conversation about a man who exploded in the laboratory's bathroom didn't phase me much...nor the fact that I was told I have very thin veins. Um, thin + Crandall in the same sentence never made too much sense to me. I'm thick-headed. 

Still, I had a rhythm and a purpose to respond to the prompt, and I will showcase Frogu, my Jedi-alter ego, in any poem I can write. I am too big for Underoos, though, but do have a fantasy about running naked through the streets during a thunderstorm. So, a Tuesday poem written on Monday, it is. 



No comments:

Post a Comment