Monday, April 17, 2023

And on the 16th Day of #VerseLove a Challenge to Think About a Time Lost (a Friendship) and Tell That Story

When I was heading off to college, I really did pack up all my high school memories in a trash bag to be hidden and opened during my ten year reunion. A decade later, I remember going through all the items and simply throwing them all away. Yes, at the time, they meant something...who I was, I suppose...but all those years later I simply saw it all as disposable. Perhaps that is my issue. 

I do remember, however, that I severed a tie right before leaving for Binghamton - one that difficult to cut, but was necessary for my mental well-being. In order to grow, I needed to contend with the weeds. I know, too, that it set me in the direction where I've often done the same. I know what is best for me, and I act in the way that removes the toxicity that is unneeded. I've never been sure if it's a good way to live, but I know that I've always been a better man because of it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment