Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Exploring the Genetic Cinquain, Day 25 of #VerseLove '23. We Are Winding Down to the Last Week of April

Last night, I dragged myself to the car after teaching the last graduate course for the Spring semester. Projects will arrive over the next week and summer courses are around the corner, but for the next few, I'm just delighted to not have to plan or spend 14 hours a day working on instruction. I can write for me, work on CWP, and participate in celebratory, end-of-the-year events.

Yesterday, though, I was challenged to write a cinquain about my genetics. I've already covered the psoriasis portion of my life, but it lent itself to another poem, this time: 2, 4, 6, 8, & 2 syllables. I should be thankful that the challenge was short, as the day was way too long. 

And here we are with another Hump Day, I'm just thankful that I don't have to be on campus for meetings or classes today, and I can work on other pressing issues. It is a tremendous relief, indeed.



No comments:

Post a Comment