Thursday, April 20, 2023

Jazak Allah Khair. Day 20 of #VerseLove - To Create a Poem Where One Sits to Write. My Office (Of Us). Loved the Challenge

Much to celebrate this morning. Proud to have received the 2023 Jeffrey P. von Arx, S.J. Award for Excellence in Community Engagement at a ceremony last night at Fairfield University. I'm also thrilled to say I made through another fast with respect for young people acknowledging Ramadan, March 22 to April 20...it took me a couple of days before I realized the importance of making a salad in advance, so I was filling myself with vegetables and fruit, before devouring loaves of bread. The experience has placed balance, reflection, self-control, and focus in front of me.

Yesterday, I was thrilled to respond to a challenge to write about place, a space to look and think. Everyday I work under a giant frog painting and, while writing, I realized how important the photographs that change on my computer screen are for helping me to remain sane, aware, and appreciative. So, it was easy to write about where I work...the office (or, as I will now call it, the Of Us hours). Here's to the #VerseLove family and for all celebrating the month-long fast. 



No comments:

Post a Comment