Friday, April 14, 2023

And Bringing on the 13th Day of #VerseDay Was the One and Only Dave Wooley and His Hip Hop, Black Out Poem Challenge

The task was to find a text, make a copy, and go to town with a sharpie. I only had a blue sharpie, and article written by scholar Steve Graham, and my imagination. Actually, I had an audience, too...the fellow writers and teachers, teachers and writers, who join the EthicalELA space to be prompted and share their work with one another. This was written for them.

And for Dave. Thanks for prompting us further. 

I am rolling into this Friday absolutely exhausted. Last night I had the privilege of speaking at Pequot Library and I will, for sure, be writing about this after National Poetry Month. For now, I'm simply celebrating the collective. But, phew, I need sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment