Tuesday, April 11, 2023

What's Going on in Scientific Curriculum? Day 10 Challenge of #VerseLove. Go, Whimsy. Enjoy Terminology to Bring a Poem to Life

 

I wrote yesterday on EthicalELA how I used to love working with science teachers: Peg Box, Ann Brown, and Mary Lineberry, helping them to contribute writing to Kentucky's portfolios and perusing glossaries, tables of content, images, tables, and graphs to launch potential words perfect for poetry. Much of this probably came from my naturalist days, but using the language scientists use to conduct labs, to fill out reports, and to make hypothesis has always worked hand in hand in the poems I scribble in notebooks and play around with when the opportunity arrives. 

I once wrote a short story called "Phlegm" based on the same scenario: my grandmother calling me piss head on one of our visits. I never played with that idea in a poem, so that's what I set out to do yesterday. Meanwhile, I'm monitoring an ecosystem in my backyard which the woodpeckers love. So. A poem was born. 

Long day today: 14 hours, but here's what I scribbled yesterday. Hoping to find time for another poem today. And I'm off!




No comments:

Post a Comment