Sunday, April 2, 2023

2nd Day of #VerseLove & Thankful to EthicalELA for Another April of Poetry (This is the Month Ahead)

A few years ago I signed on to participate in Sarah Donovan's #VerseLove, an open-write opportunity for the month of April. I look forward to it every year, because a poem a day is 30 days of joy. Glenda Funk offered writers the chance to write a Haibun Poem, which is a Japanese form of writing a restricted narrative, followed by a haiku. I've never written one of these and somehow channeled the day friends of mine brought me to a dispensary in CT after the state legalized the sale of marijuana. I didn't know what to expect and time spent there simply cracked me up...especially with how professional the experience was. It cracked me up that a crew of adults were wide-eyed and curious about what this all might mean.  

I enjoyed the challenge, even if the subject might be off-colored from what I typically write. I absolutely love 

Been a Minute

~b.r.crandall

 

I used to watch rain gather in puddles. Short, historical biographies of Hans Riegel and copper kettles…the mindlessness of dead-end jobs — gelatinous genius of sugared, Tanzbären dreams.. “It’s dispensary, not suppository,” she corrected. “We're a take out…not a push in. May I suggest Mirthbridge Forest for cartoons and Dance of Dragons before heading off to bed?” Proud, elegant efficiency, unlike the DMV. 

 

I want want to feel, want to feel like I did those days…April laughter is needed to bring flowers to May.

 

calm, hushed halcyon,

feathered in kaleidoscope -

I remember youth.


Here's to a month of #VerseLove

No comments:

Post a Comment