Friday, April 28, 2023

Summoned the (315) for the 27th Day of #VerseLove '23, With Tremendous Appreciation for @readingrural and Her Thursday Prompt

I've said it many times, and it gets more substantial the more I age: home is where the heart is, and my homes will always be Clay, New York, Louisville, Kentucky, and Stratford, Connecticut. I could also add Roskilde, Denmark (a home away from home), but these are the locations that have centered my universe and remain constants in my life. Dr. Chea Parton wrote, "Place Tells Me to Be," and offered, 

Hey Bryan! I hope you got everything worked out with the contractor and that it’s nothing too serious. What I love so much about your poem is how it is a map of both place and time. I find that when I go home I plot points of memory and place by landmarks, stores (even if they’ve been torn down), and fields (even if they’ve been built up). Time is integral to how we understand and build place, and I think sometimes we forget it. Thanks for helping us remember and for writing today despite all the obstacles.

I couldn't agree more. The 315 told me to be, and with the 502 and 203, I've been able to see Cherry Heights in a totally new light. I love contemplating spaces and places, and on the 27th day of #VerseLove, I scripted the following (always a delight....and who remembers Close Encounters the strip-bar that used to stand where Home Depot now offers its goods?). Phew. Nothing sits still. That's for sure. 



No comments:

Post a Comment