Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Another #VerseLove Challenge & I Wrote a Rather Crappy Poem. Play with Language, Noun the Verbs & Verb the Nouns. Well, Okay

When morning prompts arrive, I never know how my brain will respond, but thinking about wording, I thought of the colon: it's use of listing, necessity for naming, and ordering of thoughts. I then wondered what the anti-colon would be, and immediately thought of turning 50 and doing the ritual I've heard about over and over again. Yes, always memorable. 
And it became a poem. Probably inappropriate but fun to write (from the list I made).

: ahs, cope ee

~b.r.crandall


empty us feel


polyp-preparatory-pinched

nutty seed no-goes do,

grainy whole fruit, nope, woo


liquid-clear

broth-slime, 

grape-gripped

lemon-limed 

italian-iced

remote find.


bed-lined, case-in-just

towel-draped, eyes crust

dough-boy

doobie-do, 

abdominal, hurricaned,

turbulent, boo.


turd-shower, stool-power

roof-collapse, poo-sower 


I be uncharted

Bristol flower

floodingly foul, 

fool, I is 

toilet, I spew

midlife, gonna goo

whale hole, blow-blew


intestinal conduit

i is muck, 

emptied

(internal)

albeit, yuck.


probed be me

alienated I

scoped

coped

but

(phew)

cleared

Bry


And today I get to host the prompt: gifts for the world. More to come. Apologies for the off-colored wit. But it is, what it is. 


No comments:

Post a Comment