Sunday, April 16, 2023

The Fear Of Missing Out, Prompt 15 from #VerseLove '23. Well, I Missed Out, But a Poem Was Born Anyway

I was to head to Syracuse for Easter, not only to be with family, but to include a baby shower for Kanyea and Courtney. A little girl would be here soon, and Kanyea was checking to be sure I was coming for months...I RSVP'd I'd most definitely be there, but then a neighbor backed into my car the one time I parked it on the street (and I was only inside for a quick, ten-minute shower). Although they promised it'd be done in Thursday, I didn't get it until late Friday afternoon. I knew going for a 24-hour trip was probably not a good idea given the time of the semester.

So, I missed it. The party. At Arrowhead Lodge on Oneida Lake - a venue near to childhood. I was lucky, though, that Kanyea sent photos and, well, yesterday's prompt pushed me to the writing I can add to the gift by the door. I'll get there...in due time...in due time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment