Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Great Appreciation for Yesterday's #VerseLove '23 Prompt By @Joyteamstars. Playing Around with an Unusual Word

I never know what I'm going to find when I awake each morning with #VerseLove and the daily prompts. Yesterday morning, I was thrilled to receive one from my West Coast inspiration, Stacey Joy, who wrote an epic haiku with her word, Ubuntu. For real. We know that word. I was going to go with Schadenfrëude, but at the last minute went with Uhrwurm. We all have those songs that get stuck in our heads. So, I gave that at try. 

I posted it on EthicalELA and received a message from Stacey that she wanted me to perform this so she can hear me. I said, "Let me see what I can do, so I quickly made a movie in my office. Truth is, the song that has been stuck in my head for weeks, but wasn't there yesterday when I was writing was, Bieber's "My mama don't like you and she likes everyone." Maybe in a revision. 

I'm off to the have The Hulk's door refurbished and the collision center...and then to teach. In the meantime, my attempt at being a social media sensation. 



No comments:

Post a Comment