Sunday, November 26, 2023

Okay, This Week Caught Up to Me...24 Hours of Driving, a Turkey Fest, a Birthday Party and, Well, There's the Teaching Thing. Nyquil Take Me Away

I knew after I dropped off Lys and Chitunga at the train station that I was down for the count. I walked Karal and then fell asleep on the couch with Roseanne reruns only to awake and watch Louisville lose to Kentucky. We have a leftovers party at Pams and by 6 pm I was resting my head on the kitchen table. I know the week caught up to me and now I need sleep...lots and lots of uneventful sleep. 

In 24 hours from Thursday to Friday, Thanksgiving came down and Christmas went up. Although it is beautiful, my nostrils and chest are full of phlegm and my mind refuses to work like it normally does. I did get a week's worth of laundry done and found The Hunger Games trilogy to numb my brain at night while I dozed off and on.

Okay, Sunday, we have many items to catch up on, including picking Lys and Chitunga up from the train station. Then there's the grading and planning for the last couple of weeks. 

I work tirelessly, but I know when my body has had enough...I'm going this is the thick of it, so I can be rested by Christmas...the last few years this funk has hit when I'm supposed to be traveling north. Ears plugged. Nose plugged. Throat scratch. 

Rest. Rest. Rest. Crandall. You know you need to sit still. 

No comments:

Post a Comment