Friday, November 24, 2023

I Probably Should Be Putting the Food Aside for a While, But Now We Have a 28th Birthday to Celebrate. Phew. 28 already.

I'm thankful to the Shirls crew who brought the charcuterie board to our Thanksgiving celebration, which was an an added bonus to a heavy day of eating. Phew...between preparation to last dish wash, we're talking about a 14-hour in the kitchen. Props to all the generations before us who help the turkey-torch go on as it does (I'm thinking about the decade of steaming windows in Sherburne, NY, before my mother took it over in Syracuse).

Yesterday's feast was a success, but it was a lot, especially the dishwashing.

But it's transition time. Alyssa's on the way, birthday party tonight, another evening of food and guests, but a complete different feel.

Yet the highlight has been rewatching Ted Lasso for a 2nd time as Chitunga watches it for the first. Yes, it was a Covid show, but it really had its pulse on the world and helped us to get through the pandemic...well, me, anyway.

Now I get the Christmas stuff from the basement and start to bring on the white lites that dazzle my holiday heart. Haven't done much shopping, but look forward to the insanity in the weeks ahead. 

Oh, and Kaitlyn's bourbon maple bars!!! #@$#@$#. They are good. A downfal, indeed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment