Monday, November 27, 2023

Crandall Clearance Racks to the Rescue - Stored Aways Post-Season Last Year and Gifted to Alyssa This Year So She Has a Santa for Her Home

It was a rough Sunday, with my father being sent to the emergency room for erratic breathing, low oxygen, and more confusion than usual. Chitunga and Alyssa returned from the City and had a spectacular time - in Tunga's words (after she left), I just like spending every second I can with her. The lights and crazy of the Apple were a bonus, but he simply enjoyed walked the streets in her company and he picked the perfect hotel and dinner location. She made it back to Syracuse safely, without incident, and had her new Santa Clause, that I got for 80% off in Clearance sections last January when Pam and I did a post-Christmas stock-up. I'm actually thankful for all the gift bags I got, too, and tissue paper. Sometimes it pays off to be frugal. 

Tunga and I also accomplished some of our own Christmas shopping around town before he went out with a friend for dinner. I'm trying to nurse a cold (more likely sinus infection) that has been dripping in my chest since Saturday. I'm tired of the aches and dry cough, so I stocked up on Mucinex, ginger ale, and TheraFlu, too. Hoping it knocks the crud out of my system.

Because I'm teaching undergraduates, I only have two more weeks of classes, which lightens my load by a week, as graduate courses go until the 20th. I am thankful for this, because I'm ready to call the semester over (even if I feel this has been my luckiest semester at Fairfield ever, as the kids are spectacular -- minus a couple of clunkers). 

I'm still laughing that Alyssa strapped Santa in her car. I told her she should keep it in her front seat in case she gets pulled over...I think a cop would find that funny. 

So, for now, it is prayers up to The Great Whatever that my dad overcomes what ever is effecting his health. He doesn't want to be in a hospital, as he's like me - a terrible patient. Here's hoping antibiotics do their thing and he get back to his usual wandering, hard-of-hearing, stubborn self that drives my mother nuts. I simply await phone calls to figure out what moves I need to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment